CLAIM: Ryan Gosling and James Franco “Battling” To Play Oscar Pistorius
12:54 pm, February 27th, 2013
The tabloid explains that filmmakers are “rushing to chronicle” the story of the Olympic sprinter who allegedly killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day.
“Where there’s a scandal, a movie deal is sure to follow,” explains the magazine.
According to a so-called “studio insider” for Star, “Ryan is the natural choice — he looks just like Oscar! But James already played a dramatic character with a major handicap in 127 Hours.”
“He could easily pull off the role and would definitely make it an award-winning performance,” adds the tab’s source.
Um, we’re not sure which “studio” this “insider” is inside, but as stunning as the Pistorius story is, there’s no actual movie production currently underway.
The alleged murder happened less than two weeks ago — and the shocking narrative is still unfolding.
It seems like Star just picked one salacious news story, two big names, and (bizarrely) used the fact that Franco once played someone who cut off his own hand as a reason to link him to a film about double-amputee Pistorius.
This is nothing more than a tabloid trying to manufacture a celebrity angle to a tragic news story.
Neither Gosling nor Franco is currently “battling” for a Pistorius movie.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted