Oscar De La Hoya Enters Rehab Again
6:28 pm, September 10th, 2013
Oscar De La Hoya has entered rehab again.
The former boxing champ announced on Tuesday that he’s checked into an unnamed treatment facility.
His move comes just days before his Golden Boy Promotions company helps to stage the highly anticipated Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez fight.
“Canelo Alvarez and I have big fights coming up this weekend. His is the ring and mine in treatment,” De La Hoya said in a statement. “I will not be at the fight to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility.”
He added, “I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and longterm recovery from my disease must come first.”
De La Hoya was in rehab for substance abuse back in 2011.
At the time, the Olympic gold medalist and professional champion said he’d been suicidal over his struggle with alcohol and drugs.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank