Oscar De La Hoya Enters Rehab Again
6:28 pm, September 10th, 2013
Oscar De La Hoya has entered rehab again.
The former boxing champ announced on Tuesday that he’s checked into an unnamed treatment facility.
His move comes just days before his Golden Boy Promotions company helps to stage the highly anticipated Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez fight.
“Canelo Alvarez and I have big fights coming up this weekend. His is the ring and mine in treatment,” De La Hoya said in a statement. “I will not be at the fight to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility.”
He added, “I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and longterm recovery from my disease must come first.”
De La Hoya was in rehab for substance abuse back in 2011.
At the time, the Olympic gold medalist and professional champion said he’d been suicidal over his struggle with alcohol and drugs.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss