Orlando Bloom to Make Broadway Debut in Romeo and Juliet in Fall
12:15 pm, April 1st, 2013
Orlando Bloom is coming to Broadway for the first time in Romeo and Juliet this fall.
The actor will play the title role opposite Tony nominee Condola Rashad.
Director David Leveaux says he didn’t set out to cast an interracial couple, but has now casted the other roles accordingly.
“They could have been any number of different ethnicities. The two actors I wanted to be together producing sparks just happened to be those two and I followed my nose in casting the families,” he tells the New York Times.
Going along with his lead stars’ races, the Montagues will be an all-white family, while the Capulets will be black.
The play will officially open September 19, with previews beginning in late August, at the Richard Rodgers Theater in New York City.
The production marks Bloom’s Broadway debut.
What do you think of Bloom playing Romeo?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z