Oprah caught in phone-y story
9:30 am, July 5th, 2010
The National Enquirer reports “Oprah Winfrey exploded as she headed for her limo in the studio parking lot – and spotted one of her young female staffers driving slowly by as she texted away.”
The tab says Winfrey followed the car and “banged on the car window, shrieking: ‘YOU’RE TEXTING!… YOU’RE TEXTING!”
According to the Enquirer, the young employee was “terrified” as Winfrey “bellowed in her face about the dangers while driving, and how everyone who works for her WILL follow the rules.”
“Are you going to fire me?” the mag quotes the employee saying in between tears.
“No, I’m not going to fire you YET!” Winfrey allegedly responded, adding, “But if I ever catch you texting while driving, you WILL be jobless!”
And while it’s true Winfrey has her nationwide “No Phone Zone” campaign and pledge that states, among other things, “I will not text while I am driving” – all in an effort to save lives – this particular incident NEVER happened.
A rep for Winfrey says the Enquirer‘s parking lot tale is “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"