Oprah’s Bodyguards Detained in India After Scuffle With Reporters
10:13 am, January 19th, 2012
Oprah Winfrey’s bodyguards were detained on Thursday by the police in Mathura, a town 90 miles south of Delhi, after they got into a fight with local TV journalists.
The talk show host is in India shooting her new show “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”
Police held three members of Oprah’s security detail after they brawled with local TV journalists covering her trip. Some video equipment belonging to the TV crews was destroyed.
Oprah’s local bodyguards were later released after writing a letter of apology to the journalist with whom they scuffled.
The talk show later visited the Taj Mahal, and she is set to attend the Jaipur Literature Festival, which begins on Friday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Katherine Heigl's "Lil' Ladies"
- Michael Weatherly and Wife Welcome Baby No. 2!
- Growing Old In Hollywood
- Malaysia & Jannero Pargo: Trouble in Paradise?