Oprah Winfrey Wigs Out Big on Cover of O
3:37 pm, August 5th, 2013PHOTO
Oprah Winfrey sports a massive afro on the cover of the September O.
Of the 3.5-pound wig, she says, “I wish I could say it was all mine. In fact, though, it’s borrowed. And it feels like carrying around an extra head.”
“My own hair is shorter, not quite so spherical, and a lot lighter. But that doesn’t mean it never gives me grief. When it comes to hair, I’m in the same boat as most every other woman,” admits Winfrey in the magazine, which tackles a series of hair-related issues.
The media mogul further notes, “The way we feel about our hair is universal: We love it when it looks great, we can’t stand it when it looks not so great, and we all want it to tell the world something about us.”
While Winfrey says she used to be “particular” about her hair, nowadays, “as is the case in many other areas of my life, I’ve relaxed. No more bad hair days — just days when I might need a headband.”
And even though she enjoyed “hanging out with Wild Thang,” which is what she called the giant wig, Winfrey tells O, “I know for sure that your true crowning glory comes not from what’s on your head but from what’s in your heart.”
What do you think of Winfrey’s wig?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet