Oprah Winfrey Buys Dad’s Barber Shop
7:22 pm, July 4th, 2012VIDEO
Oprah just bought her dad’s Nashville barber shop in a foreclosure sale.
The talk show legend purchased Vernon Winfrey’s store after he and his wife Barbara (Oprah’s stepmother) were unable to pay back the bank on the property.
They bought and renovated the new building last year, moving Vernon’s 50-year barber business into the location.
Thanks to Oprah’s intervention, her father will now be able to “continue to manage the business on a day-to-day basis,” according to a spokesperson for Oprah.
But Barbara Winfrey, whom Vernon filed to divorce on Tuesday, is not happy.
She says Oprah “doesn’t care about the community” and expresses concern that Vernon Winfrey is not fully aware of the decisions he’s making.
Check out the news report confirming the deal below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 10 Most Shocking And Disturbing Celebrity Couples
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- 50 Pics Of Hollywood's Most Adorable Couples
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Farrah Abraham's New Face And Boobs
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair