Oprah Winfrey Buys Dad’s Barber Shop
7:22 pm, July 4th, 2012VIDEO
Oprah just bought her dad’s Nashville barber shop in a foreclosure sale.
The talk show legend purchased Vernon Winfrey’s store after he and his wife Barbara (Oprah’s stepmother) were unable to pay back the bank on the property.
They bought and renovated the new building last year, moving Vernon’s 50-year barber business into the location.
Thanks to Oprah’s intervention, her father will now be able to “continue to manage the business on a day-to-day basis,” according to a spokesperson for Oprah.
But Barbara Winfrey, whom Vernon filed to divorce on Tuesday, is not happy.
She says Oprah “doesn’t care about the community” and expresses concern that Vernon Winfrey is not fully aware of the decisions he’s making.
Check out the news report confirming the deal below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Snoop Lion Changes His Name Again
- Hilarious Celebrity Yearbook Photos
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Stars In New Video Series
- Why Lindsay Lohan Is Suing Grand Theft Auto