One Direction: This Is Us Leading Holiday Weekend Box Office
2:34 pm, September 1st, 2013BOX OFFICE
One Direction: This Is Us won the box office in its debut weekend, but the verdict is still out for the four-day holiday total.
The documentary-concert film earned $17 million for Friday through Sunday, ahead of The Butler, which took in $15 million.
Both are currently projected to rake in roughly $20 million total through Labor Day, making the race too close to call just yet.
In third so far is We’re The Millers with $13 million, and a possible $16 million total for the holiday.
Planes and the new Spanish-language comedy Instructions Not Included are currently in fourth and fifth places, respectively, and are expected to hold tight.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
What are you seeing this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank