One Direction Fans’ Twitter Accounts Reportedly Suspended As Spam
6:08 pm, May 31st, 2012
One Direction fans are not thrilled with Twitter right now.
On Thursday, the social media platform reportedly suspended tens of thousands of accounts belonging to the boy band’s ardent supporters, apparently in response to a flood of tweets using hashtags that pertained to a One Direction DVD “watch party.”
The messages were reportedly considered “spam” violations.
It’s not been established how many accounts were actually taken down.
Directioners, as they’re known, began a “Twitter Unsuspend Directioners” trending topic in response.
Gossip Cop reached out to Twitter for an official explanation of whatever actions were (or were not) taken, but has yet to hear back.
Twitter infamously banned “Justin Bieber” as a trending topic amid the singer’s meteoric rise to superstardom.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents