One Direction’s Up All Night: The Live Tour DVD Makes History
11:46 am, June 9th, 2012
One Direction just made more history.
The group’s Up All Night: The Live Tour DVD not only hit #1 in 25 different countries this week, but also managed to sell more copies in the United States than the No. 1 album on the Billboard chart (John Mayer’s “Born and Raised”).
One Direction’s DVD moved 76,000 copies to debut atop the Music Video Sales list, while Mayer’s #1 album sold 65,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It’s the first time the week’s top DVD outsold the week’s top album.
Up All Night: The Live Tour is already the third-biggest selling video release of 2012, and by next week will be #2 behind Adele’s Live at the Royal Albert Hall.
One Direction is already the first British band to debut at #1 on the Billboard album chart, with March’s “Up All Night” doing what neither The Beatles nor The Rolling Stones ever managed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement