Taylor Swift Called One Direction’s “Yoko Ono”; Harry Styles Romance to End Band?
3:07 pm, December 10th, 2012
This is just ridiculous.
The newspaper explains, “There are fears his relationship with the mega-rich singer could break up the band.”
According to The Sun, tensions reached a “boiling point” over the weekend when Styles joined Swift on her private jet instead of traveling from New York to London with his One Direction mates.
That’s the only specific offered in the story.
“It’s really not far off from the Yoko situation,” explains a “source” for the outlet, apparently with a straight face.
Let’s stop here.
The Sun is (1) comparing One Direction to The Beatles, and (2) reporting that Swift could break them up, just like Yoko Ono is long thought to have done with the legendary rockers.
All because Swift and Styles spent time alone together on a single flight, which the other One Direction guys (rightly) did not use as their own taxi service.
This is a nearly perfect textbook example of tabloid sensationalism run amok.
There’s NO logic behind the notion that Swift should have ferried One Direction and its entourage to London, and there’s NO truth to the rumor that One Direction is on the verge of breaking up because she’s dating Styles.
A source close to the situation could hardly believe The Sun had actually printed this nonsense, asking “Where do I start?!” before telling Gossip Cop the entire thing is “crazy” and completely untrue.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- Miranda Kerr Shows Her Sexy Curves
- Top 5 Reasons to Love Lorde