Mary-Kate, Ashley Slammed as “Trollsens” By PETA for New Designer Fur Bag
9:03 pm, June 27th, 2012PHOTO
The actresses-turned-designers recently unveiled the patchwork purse, which retails for a whopping $16,900 and is also available with calf and alligator skin.
In a statement furnished to Gossip Cop, PETA blasts the Olsens for the product, saying, “If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it’s probably a Trollsen Twin — or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals.”
“What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value. Sadly, it’s the foxes, calves, and alligators — who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain — who pay the dearest price,” the statement continues.
PETA has been calling out the Olsens for years over their use of fur, including in their own wardrobes.
Check out the bag below, and tell us who you support.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet