Olivia Wilde Pens Funny, Inspirational Advice Column For Women Turning 30
1:35 pm, August 8th, 2013
Olivia Wilde is taking the right attitude to turning 30 next year.
The Drinking Buddies star penned a funny and inspirational piece for Glamour in which she outlines the “dos and don’ts” of hitting the big 3-0.
Wilde urges women, “DON’T freak out about all the brilliant people who accomplished more than you by 30,” saying, “What you achieve is far less important than what kind of human being you are.”
She offers, “What do you want people to say at your funeral: ‘Olivia may have cured HIV, but she ran over my cat and drove away laughing’? No, thanks! I’d rather be a good person who makes people happy than a dick who wins a Nobel by 32.”
The star also advises ladies, “DON’T cut your face,” sharing, “I am so saddened and grossed out by young women who look like creepy, old aliens because of their new Barbie noses and lips.”
Wilde says a better approach is to “Take care of yourself now that you’re old enough to know how. Drink water, sleep eight hours (I wish), and don’t go within 400 feet of a tanning booth or I’ll slap you. Hard.”
As for the “dos” of turning 30, the actress impels women, “DO reap the benefits of accumulated wisdom,” explaining, “You’re 30: You know stuff now. Your twenties were for ‘ducking up,’ as my auto-correct would say, and learning from those mistakes.”
“Now you get to live with that knowledge under your belt. Also, make it a nice belt. You’re 30. Stop dressing like a hobo,” adds Wilde.
For the star’s full list of 30s “dos and don’ts,” head over to Glamour.
What do you think of Wilde’s piece?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2