OK! Magazine Gets Beat by Fake “Mickey Rourke” Tweet
8:31 pm, April 28th, 2010
Choosing fantasy over fact, OK! goes from Mickey Rourke scoop to duped.
The magazine’s website claims to know which actress the Iron Man 2 villain meant when he reportedly complained about an unnamed co-star recently.
After all, OK! has what it considers an impeccable source — Rourke himself!
The outlet links to a Twitter account (@Mickey__Rourke) that it assumes belongs to the actor.
For OK!, the case is closed. Rourke dissed Paltrow. Right?
Because there’s a tiny but glaring problem here.
Mickey Rourke isn’t on Twitter.
The account to which OK! links is a fraud.
And, if you actually read the other tweets, a fairly obvious fraud.
Just to double check, Gossip Cop asked a rep for the actor whether it’s him.
It is not.
Rourke “does not have a Twitter account,” we’re told, and “holds Gwyneth in the highest regard.”
“Highest regard” isn’t quite where we hold OK!‘s “reporting” here.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Get Taylor Swift's Floral Frock For Less
- Leonor Varela's Edgy Hairstyle
- Is Michael Strahan Cheating On Fiancee?