REPORT: “Octomom” Nadya Suleman Now Receiving Welfare
3:51 pm, March 31st, 2012
“Octomom” Nadya Suleman is reportedly on welfare.
The mother of 14, who recently posed topless for cash, had long sworn that she’d never go on government assistance, but the financial burden of caring for her large brood has apparently forced Suleman to accept aid.
She now receives $2,000 a month from the state of California, according to TMZ.
Suleman’s welfare is reportedly deposited directly into a debit card that can be used only for food.
The “Celebrity Boxing” vet qualifies for assistance because her income is less than $119,000 – a threshold determined by the number of dependents in her household.
Suleman already had six children when she famously gave birth to octuplets in 2009.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate