REPORT: “Octomom” Nadya Suleman Now Receiving Welfare
3:51 pm, March 31st, 2012
“Octomom” Nadya Suleman is reportedly on welfare.
The mother of 14, who recently posed topless for cash, had long sworn that she’d never go on government assistance, but the financial burden of caring for her large brood has apparently forced Suleman to accept aid.
She now receives $2,000 a month from the state of California, according to TMZ.
Suleman’s welfare is reportedly deposited directly into a debit card that can be used only for food.
The “Celebrity Boxing” vet qualifies for assistance because her income is less than $119,000 – a threshold determined by the number of dependents in her household.
Suleman already had six children when she famously gave birth to octuplets in 2009.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage