President Obama Pardons Thanksgiving Turkeys at White House (VIDEO)
5:26 pm, November 21st, 2012VIDEO
President Obama pardoned two turkeys on Wednesday, continuing a longstanding Thanksgiving tradition at the White House.
Accompanied by his daughters Malia and Sasha, the President official spared the lives of Cobbler and Gobbler, four-month-old birds raised on a Virginia farm.
Neither of Obama’s feathered friends will wind up as a meal this week following the annual gesture of presidential mercy.
But there was a twist this year.
For the first time, Americans had the chance to vote on Facebook for the National Thanksgiving Turkey, with Cobbler edging out Gobbler in the final count.
In his remarks on the occasion, Obama mentioned that he and the First Family would be visiting a local food bank later in the day, and urged ”every American to do what they can to help families who are in need of a real Thanksgiving this year.”
He also wished a happy holiday to the men and women serving the United States of America in uniform.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Stars Who Blame Bad Pictures on Photoshop
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?