President Obama Pardons Thanksgiving Turkeys at White House (VIDEO)
5:26 pm, November 21st, 2012VIDEO
President Obama pardoned two turkeys on Wednesday, continuing a longstanding Thanksgiving tradition at the White House.
Accompanied by his daughters Malia and Sasha, the President official spared the lives of Cobbler and Gobbler, four-month-old birds raised on a Virginia farm.
Neither of Obama’s feathered friends will wind up as a meal this week following the annual gesture of presidential mercy.
But there was a twist this year.
For the first time, Americans had the chance to vote on Facebook for the National Thanksgiving Turkey, with Cobbler edging out Gobbler in the final count.
In his remarks on the occasion, Obama mentioned that he and the First Family would be visiting a local food bank later in the day, and urged ”every American to do what they can to help families who are in need of a real Thanksgiving this year.”
He also wished a happy holiday to the men and women serving the United States of America in uniform.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In