Obama Wipes Away Tears in Emotional Speech on Newtown School Shooting (VIDEO)
3:55 pm, December 14th, 2012VIDEO
An emotional President Obama addressed the nation on Friday afternoon after a devastating elementary school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut left more than 20 people — mostly young kids — dead.
At one point wiping away tears, Obama said, “I know there’s not a parent in America who doesn’t feel the same overwhelming grief that I do. The majority of those who died today were children, beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old.”
Pausing to compose himself, he continued, “They had their entire lives ahead of them. Birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own.”
“As a country, we have been through this too many times,” said the President, later adding, “These neighborhoods are our neighbors, and these children are our children. And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this.”
Watch the emotional speech below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court