President Obama Correctly Calls It: Nicki Minaj Did NOT Endorse Mitt Romney
2:12 pm, September 10th, 2012LISTEN
In Lil Wayne’s new “Dedication 4″ mix tape, Minaj raps, “I’m a Republican voting for Mitt Romney / You lazy b—-es is f—ing up the economy” (LISTEN HERE).
As Gossip Cop pointed out, given Minaj’s history of performing under multiple personalities and her penchant for stunts, it seemed presumptuous to take her “endorsement” at face value.
During a Monday morning interview with an Orlando radio station, President Obama was asked about the Minaj lyrics, and the idea that she’s “going for Mitt Romney.”
Obama responded, “I’m not sure that’s actually what happened… She likes to play different characters. So I don’t know what’s going on there.”
And guess what — Obama was right.
Minaj tweeted, “Ha! Thank you for understanding my creative humor & sarcasm Mr. President, the smart ones always do… *sends love & support*”
It looks like the “Pink Friday” rapper won’t be out on the campaign trail with Romney after all.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents