President Obama: I Support Gay Marriage
3:10 pm, May 9th, 2012VIDEO
President Obama has announced his support for same-sex marriage.
“I’ve concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama tells Robin Roberts of ABC News in an interview that will air in full on Thursday’s “Good Morning America.”
Obama is the first President to back gay marriage publicly.
In the past, he has described his changing personal attitude on the matter as an “evolution.”
On Tuesday, North Carolina voted for a constitutional amendment, banning same-sex marriages in the state, prompting a slew of celebrities to sound off on Twitter.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life