Reports wrong: Obama didn’t call Tiger Woods to offer words of encouragement
10:18 am, February 28th, 2010
“Wow! Tiger Woods Got Phone Calls Of Encouragement From President Obama & Bill Clinton!” reads the headline of yet another HollywoodLife story which seems to focus more on using exclamation points than actually fact-checking.
Citing a Golf Digest article, HollywoodLife writes, “Barack offered words of encouragement to Tiger as he struggles through sex rehab and the current media frenzy.”
The President did NOT offer Woods “words of encouragement.”
In fact, the White House says the Golf Digest report about President Obama talking to Woods is not true at all.
Golf Digest, HollywoodLife and other outlets, which didn’t bother to fact-check this story, are all off course.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents