Reports wrong: Obama didn’t call Tiger Woods to offer words of encouragement
10:18 am, February 28th, 2010
“Wow! Tiger Woods Got Phone Calls Of Encouragement From President Obama & Bill Clinton!” reads the headline of yet another HollywoodLife story which seems to focus more on using exclamation points than actually fact-checking.
Citing a Golf Digest article, HollywoodLife writes, “Barack offered words of encouragement to Tiger as he struggles through sex rehab and the current media frenzy.”
The President did NOT offer Woods “words of encouragement.”
In fact, the White House says the Golf Digest report about President Obama talking to Woods is not true at all.
Golf Digest, HollywoodLife and other outlets, which didn’t bother to fact-check this story, are all off course.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair