Nora Ephron Dies at 71
8:14 pm, June 26th, 2012
Nora Ephron, the prolific screenwriter, director and author, has died.
She was 71.
Ephron died from pneumonia caused by leukemia, according to her son, Jacob Bernstein.
Among Ephron’s best-known projects were When Harry Met Sally…, Sleepless in Seattle and Silkwood — each of which earned her an Oscar nomination for writing.
She also directed films including You’ve Got Mail and Julie & Julia, wrote theatrical plays, and authored several collections of essays.
Ephron is survived by her third husband, Nicholas Pileggi, and two sons from her previous marriage to famed journalist Carl Bernstein.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Did Eminem Watch Daughter Get Crowned Homecoming Queen?
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit