Noah Wyle of ER Arrested in D.C Protest
2:41 pm, April 23rd, 2012
On Monday, Wyle, along with more than 100 other members of the group ADAPT, were handcuffed during a Capitol Hill protest designed to persuade Congress not to cut Medicaid.
Many of the protesters were in wheelchairs when they were arrested inside the Capitol’s rotunda.
Wyle and the other protestors feel that Medicaid spending cuts would force the elderly and the disabled into nursing homes, rather than allow them to receive the services they require, yet still remain in their own homes.
Last month, Clooney was handcuffed during a protest in front of Sudan’s embassy in Washington, D.C., where he and others demanded action against Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir, whom they accuse of triggering a humanitarian crisis.
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Hockey Player Scores With Erin Andrews
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- Lily Aldridge's Beach Bag Must-Haves