No Poe for Joaquin Phoenix
3:42 pm, March 12th, 2010
Is Joaquin Phoenix returning to the big screen after his hip-hop hiatus?
According to Slumdog Millionaire sound designer Resul Pookutty he is — to play Edgar Allen Poe.
Speaking to the Mumbai Mirror about an upcoming project, Pookutty says he’s working on an adaptation of “The Beautiful Cigar Girl” by Daniel Stashower.
“It’s based on an eerie real-life experience by author Edgar Allen Poe which happened just months before his death,” Pookutty explains. “Joaquin plays Edgar Allen Poe.”
And it’s complete nonsense.
Gossip Cop asked a rep for Phoenix whether the actor was coming back to play Poe.
Rule of thumb: Steer clear of Joaquin Phoenix rumors started by Resul Pookutty.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting