No Poe for Joaquin Phoenix
3:42 pm, March 12th, 2010
Is Joaquin Phoenix returning to the big screen after his hip-hop hiatus?
According to Slumdog Millionaire sound designer Resul Pookutty he is — to play Edgar Allen Poe.
Speaking to the Mumbai Mirror about an upcoming project, Pookutty says he’s working on an adaptation of “The Beautiful Cigar Girl” by Daniel Stashower.
“It’s based on an eerie real-life experience by author Edgar Allen Poe which happened just months before his death,” Pookutty explains. “Joaquin plays Edgar Allen Poe.”
And it’s complete nonsense.
Gossip Cop asked a rep for Phoenix whether the actor was coming back to play Poe.
Rule of thumb: Steer clear of Joaquin Phoenix rumors started by Resul Pookutty.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills