No Doubt Pulls “Looking Hot” Video, Apologizes for Offense to Native Americans
6:36 pm, November 3rd, 2012
No Doubt has pulled their video for “Looking Hot” and apologized amid criticism that the clip was offensive to Native Americans.
The video — which features Gwen Stefani and her bandmates with imagery such as teepees and headdresses — was originally posted late Friday.
SEE THE CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO BELOW
On Saturday, No Doubt yanked “Looking Hot” from official platforms and issued a formal statement on its website.
“As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures. Our intention with our new video was never to offend, hurt or trivialize Native American people, their culture or their history,” said the group.
The statement continued, “Although we consulted with Native American friends and Native American studies experts at the University of California, we realize now that we have offended people. This is of great concern to us and we are removing the video immediately.”
“The music that inspired us when we started the band, and the community of friends, family, and fans that surrounds us was built upon respect, unity and inclusiveness. We sincerely apologize to the Native American community and anyone else offended by this video,” continued the band.
The statement concluded, “Being hurtful to anyone is simply not who we are.”
No Doubt pulled “Looking Hot” from YouTube and VEVO, although it is still available elsewhere online.
Check out the video below and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?