Kerry Washington’s Husband Nnamdi Asomugha Retires From NFL
9:55 pm, December 27th, 2013
The football player officially called it quits after signing a one-day contract with the Oakland Raiders, whom he played for 2003-2010.
“I’ve been blessed. I’ve had a fortunate, successful career in the NFL. A long career,” Asomugha said at a press conference on Friday afternoon.
The athlete went on, “I’m grateful for all the teams that I’ve played for, the fans, the organizations, the front offices, the list goes on and on. Just to have the opportunity to play in the NFL, I think it’s the biggest dream come true for me.”
Asked why he’s retiring now, Asomugha explained, “I think just know when you know… You know, life happens. You start getting these feelings like, ‘I think it’s time.’”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Washington and Asomugha are set to welcome their first child next spring.
They secretly wed in June.
A notoriously private couple, Washington was reportedly not at Asomugha’s announcement.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet