Kerry Washington’s Husband Nnamdi Asomugha Retires From NFL
9:55 pm, December 27th, 2013
The football player officially called it quits after signing a one-day contract with the Oakland Raiders, whom he played for 2003-2010.
“I’ve been blessed. I’ve had a fortunate, successful career in the NFL. A long career,” Asomugha said at a press conference on Friday afternoon.
The athlete went on, “I’m grateful for all the teams that I’ve played for, the fans, the organizations, the front offices, the list goes on and on. Just to have the opportunity to play in the NFL, I think it’s the biggest dream come true for me.”
Asked why he’s retiring now, Asomugha explained, “I think just know when you know… You know, life happens. You start getting these feelings like, ‘I think it’s time.’”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Washington and Asomugha are set to welcome their first child next spring.
They secretly wed in June.
A notoriously private couple, Washington was reportedly not at Asomugha’s announcement.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship