Nicole Scherzinger Opens Up About Bulimia: It Was “My Addiction” (VIDEO)
11:27 am, October 5th, 2012VIDEO
Nicole Scherzinger reveals that she battled bulimia for years in a new VH1 “Behind the Music.”
In the candid interview, Scherzinger opens up about the body image issues, eating disorder and self-harm that wreaked havoc during her years performing with the Pussycat Dolls.
“I just hated myself,” says Scherzinger. “I hate myself. I really was so disgusted with myself, and so embarrassed. I felt so alone. I was in a group, and I never felt so alone in my life.”
She explains, “I guess it was like my addiction, right? I never did drugs, but kinda doing things to myself was my addiction.”
“It’s like when I got off stage, I was on this high, and I’d come back to my room and I’d be alone, so I would just do things,” recalls Scherzinger. “My bulimia was my addiction. Hurting myself was my addiction.”
She says, “I did it everyday for, like, years. Every time I had a second to be alone, I was doing something to myself. You get, like, blisters on your hands or scars on your hands, and I’d try to hide those. I think the girls could tell.”
Check out the preview clips below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'