CLAIM: Nicole Kidman “Jealous” Naomi Watts is in “Oscar Spotlight”
7:42 pm, February 5th, 2013
“Naomi Watts will appear in an upcoming CBS Oscar segment to help with her Oscar campaign for Best Actress in The Impossible — and her best frenemy, Nicole Kidman, is refusing to participate,” claims the New York Daily News.
The paper reports that “producers wanted Kidman to speak in a quick ‘five-minutes’ segment set to air on the network before the Academy Awards on Feb. 24,” but “she declined.”
“Clearly she’s not inclined to help her friend because she’s jealous she’s not in this year’s Oscar’s spotlight,” a so-called “insider” tells the Daily News.
“It was a ‘no’ right off the bat,” alleges the tab’s source. “She could have made time if it was a priority.”
Sounds as dramatic as an Oscar-nominated movie — and just as made up.
A rep for Kidman tells Gossip Cop that the Academy Award winner “was unfortunately unavailable to participate in this special as she was asked at the last minute before leaving for Australia.”
“Nicole couldn’t be happier or more supportive of Naomi’s nomination,” the rep tells us, pointing out, “If they had their facts straight they would have seen Nicole and Naomi arm in arm at the Producer’s Guild Awards and sitting side by side at Screen Actor’s Guild Awards.”
Oh, and one more thing: Watts credits her pal Kidman for helping her stick through the hard times as she tried to make it in Hollywood.
The interview airs on CBS Sunday Morning on February 10.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting