Nicole Kidman’s Grace Kelly Movie Slammed By Royal Family As “Fiction”
12:42 pm, January 18th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Kidman portrays Grace in the film, which focuses on the Hollywood legend’s wedded life with Monaco’s Prince Rainier III during a 1960s tax dispute with France.
But in a statement released on behalf of Kelly’s children Prince Albert II and Princesses Stephanie and Caroline, the Palace blasts the project as “fictional” and “historically inaccurate,” stressing that it is “by no means a biopic.”
“It recounts one rewritten and needlessly ‘glamorized’ page in the history of the Principality of Monaco and its family,” says the Palace.
The statement notes the Palace’s surprise at receiving a copy of the script – containing “purely fictional scenes” — having no prior involvement in the project, and its dismay that not all of the suggestions they gave afterward were taken.
“The Palace of Monaco cannot accept that the producers of this film imply they have received Their Highnesses’ support in any way whatsoever, since this is not the case,” the statement reads.
Kidman’s movie does not yet have a release date.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?