Nicole Kidman’s Grace Kelly Movie Slammed By Royal Family As “Fiction”
12:42 pm, January 18th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Kidman portrays Grace in the film, which focuses on the Hollywood legend’s wedded life with Monaco’s Prince Rainier III during a 1960s tax dispute with France.
But in a statement released on behalf of Kelly’s children Prince Albert II and Princesses Stephanie and Caroline, the Palace blasts the project as “fictional” and “historically inaccurate,” stressing that it is “by no means a biopic.”
“It recounts one rewritten and needlessly ‘glamorized’ page in the history of the Principality of Monaco and its family,” says the Palace.
The statement notes the Palace’s surprise at receiving a copy of the script – containing “purely fictional scenes” — having no prior involvement in the project, and its dismay that not all of the suggestions they gave afterward were taken.
“The Palace of Monaco cannot accept that the producers of this film imply they have received Their Highnesses’ support in any way whatsoever, since this is not the case,” the statement reads.
Kidman’s movie does not yet have a release date.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents