Star Apologizes to Nicolas Cage for Vanessa Hudgens “Stalker” Story
12:19 pm, October 3rd, 2012
The tabloid wrongly reported that Cage “constantly watched her” as they filmed their new movie The Frozen Ground, “and even showed up on days when he wasn’t filming to see her.”
Star even claimed that Cage “unnerved the starlet so much that she begged directors to banish him from the set.”
Gossip Cop was the first outlet to report that the story was total nonsense.
Now the tabloid is admitting its big mistake, confessing in a statement that “Star got it wrong.”
The magazine writes, “In a story in the Sept. 17 issue, ‘Creepy Cage Stalked His Costar,’ we erroneously reported that Nicolas Cage had ‘unnerved’ High School Musical actress Vanessa Hudgens with his behavior on the set of their new thriller, The Frozen Ground.”
“Nic and Vanessa denied that any of the reported events occurred, and they confirmed that they’re on excellent terms and are eagerly looking forward to the Nov. 30 release of their film,” adds Star.
“We apologize to Mr. Cage for the error and are happy to set the record straight,” concludes the magazine’s statement.
The full statement is below.
What do you think of Star’s apology?
Oh, and one more thing: Star misspelled Cage’s first name in the headline of its mea culpa. It’s Nicolas, not Nicholas.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?