Nicki Minaj Bails on Concert After Host Calls Her Music “Bulls**t” (VIDEO)
10:32 am, June 4th, 2012VIDEO
Nicki Minaj bailed her on her highly-promoted Summer Jam performance on Sunday after one of the event’s emcees dissed her earlier in the show.
Minaj was scheduled to headline Hot 97’s annual event in New Jersey, even hyping up her appearance on Twitter hours before she was slated to take the stage.
That was until Hot 97 host Peter Rosenberg told the crowd, “I know there’s some chicks here waiting to sing ‘Starships’ later, I’m not talking to y’all right now. F**k that bulls**t. I’m here to talk about real hip-hop s**t.”
When Lil Wayne — the head of Minaj’s Young Money label — heard of Rosenberg’s diss, he pulled the plug.
“Wow. U ni**az just f**ked up history. But the President has spoken,” Minaj tweeted after the decision was made to back out of the performance.
Minaj, who hinted that she had quite the show planned, added, “I go above and beyond for my fans. But won’t ever go against wayne’s word. What he says, goes.”
She also sent out thanks to “the staff @ philly & boston summer jams for treating their guests w/respect! Had a blast.”
Check out Rosenberg’s comments below, and tell us if you agree with Wayne’s decision not to let Minaj perform.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage