American Idol Team: We “Support” Nicki Minaj & Mariah Carey Amid Feud Frenzy
10:11 pm, October 5th, 2012
As Gossip Cop reported, Carey told Barbara Walters that Minaj threatened to shoot her, didn’t “feel comfortable emotionally,” and planned to bring in additional security for her “Idol” duties.
Minaj strongly denied the gun threat allegations on Twitter.
Late Friday, the team behind the hit singing competition released a statement indicating that no changes are planned despite the media firestorm.
“This is one of the best, most passionate, dynamic and invested judging panels we’ve ever had. We love and support all of the judges and the fantastic work they are doing, and we can’t imagine a better group to find the next American Idol,” reads the statement.
It continues, “Despite all the accusations and media speculation — much of which is inaccurate — production is going extremely well today and the judges are focused on finding the best talent here in Baton Rouge.”
The show is set to debut in January.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court