American Idol Team: We “Support” Nicki Minaj & Mariah Carey Amid Feud Frenzy
10:11 pm, October 5th, 2012
As Gossip Cop reported, Carey told Barbara Walters that Minaj threatened to shoot her, didn’t “feel comfortable emotionally,” and planned to bring in additional security for her “Idol” duties.
Minaj strongly denied the gun threat allegations on Twitter.
Late Friday, the team behind the hit singing competition released a statement indicating that no changes are planned despite the media firestorm.
“This is one of the best, most passionate, dynamic and invested judging panels we’ve ever had. We love and support all of the judges and the fantastic work they are doing, and we can’t imagine a better group to find the next American Idol,” reads the statement.
It continues, “Despite all the accusations and media speculation — much of which is inaccurate — production is going extremely well today and the judges are focused on finding the best talent here in Baton Rouge.”
The show is set to debut in January.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?