Nicki Minaj Grilled About Mariah Carey Feud, Secret Boyfriend On “Ellen” (VIDEO)
11:31 am, January 15th, 2013VIDEO
The performer explained that when she first came to “Idol,” she didn’t believe rumors that Carey didn’t want her on the panel, but that she soon “started feeling, like, a little bit of the shade.”
“I just kind of overcompensated by being crazier,” said Minaj, adding, “If you know somebody maybe doesn’t like you, now you’re going to really go in… it’s like a defense mechanism, it’s really that your feelings are hurt, and you can’t believe, so you just compensate by being crazy.”
But things are fine, according to Minaj.
“I cannot hold a grudge against Mariah Carey,” explained Minaj. “I’ve looked up to her for so many years.”
Except when DeGeneres asked whether Minaj is looking forward to live shows, it was very clear that the new judge was worried.
Minaj said, with surprising candor, “I’m not looking forward to live shows… I cannot trust myself. If there’s a comment being made… I don’t want to look like a crazy psycho again.”
Later, DeGeneres asked Minaj about a diamond ring on her finger — and whether there’s a special gentleman in her life.
How did she respond?
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- Mila Kunis Does Bridesmaid Duty For Her Brother
- 7 Of Katy Perry's Unforgettable And Wildest Latex Looks