CLAIM: Nicki Minaj Backup Dancer Suspected in Murder of Fan After Concert
11:01 am, May 31st, 2012
“Nicki Minaj’s Backup Dancer Arrested As Suspect In Murder Case!” blares a headline from Perez Hilton.
According to the blogger, one of “Minaj’s backup dancers has been arrested on suspicion of rape AND murder!!!”
Perez then recounts the horrific story about how a 21-year-old Irish student named Nicola Furlong, who attended a Minaj concert in Tokyo last week, was “found dead the next morning.”
As he reports, Furlong had gone with a girlfriend to “backup dancer James Blackston and musician Larry Perry’s hotel rooms after the show, when things took a turn for the worst.”
Perez then notes Furlong was “found strangled to death in the hotel room,” while her friend survived the alleged sexual attacks, and that Blackston and his buddy “are currently in custody.”
While sadly it is true that Furlong was killed after the concert, no one in Minaj’s camp was actually responsible.
The rapper took to Twitter on Thursday to blast Perez and set the record straight.
Minaj first expressed her condolences: “Saddened to learn one of my precious fans; found tragically murdered in Japan. My love & prayers are with the family of Nicola Furlong.”
She then tweeted to Perez that “my dancers had nothing to do w/this tragedy. No one in my entourage was questioned or arrested. They all flew home from Japan.”
“That person on your sight (sic) is NOT my dancer. We do NOT know the men in custody. Too much misleading information,” she added.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted