Nick Jonas Reddit AMA: 5 Things We Learned About Singer
Nick Jonas took part in a Reddit AMA with his fans on Thursday, and he talked about Miley Cyrus, his “package,” and with whom he’d still like to collaborate. Here are five things Gossip Cop learned about Jonas when his fans could ask him anything.
(1) Jonas and his ex-girlfriend Miley Cyrus do not speak often. “It’s been a while since I spoke to Miley,” revealed Jonas. Regardless, he’s a big fan of the former Disney star’s new career and style. “I think that [Miley’s] persona is awesome, and I think that she is living proof that you can continue to evolve as an artist and a creator,” he responded.
(2) Jonas also opened up about two seemingly superficial topics, which are important to his fans, namely his hair and underwear. When asked why he doesn’t let his hair go curly again, Jonas said, “I like the short hair! It’s easily manageable… I don’t even know if I grew it back out, if it would be curly again. My hair went back and forth a lot as a kid, being curly and not… It could just come out straight, there’s no way of planning these things.” And when it comes to his underwear, the singer revealed, “I wear boxer briefs. The combo package is the best package to hold the package.”
(3) The singer also took questions on his sexy video for “Close,” which features him and Tove Lo in nothing but their underwear. “We do basically strip down to our underwear and roll around on the ground together, which was… a little painful at times! But, a really fun video to shoot,” he said. Jonas also noted that he’s “pumped” to perform the song on “Saturday Night Live” on April 16.
(4) Jonas admitted he has a long list of artists with whom he would like to collaborate. “I’d love to work with Kanye West, and at some point in time Prince would be amazing as well. I had the chance to perform with Stevie Wonder at the Grammys with my brothers and play with Paul McCartney at the White House, so Prince is kinda like the completion to my Holy Trinity of music,” he explained.
(5) Jonas is uneasy with the idea of being someone’s celebrity “hall pass,” and is a little freaked out with the idea that couples have discussed him as an option. When asked by a questioner whether he would sleep with his wife, because Jonas is her “hall pass,” the singer said, “This is not the first time someone has mentioned the celebrity hall pass thing to me, and in reference I guess specifically to me being the hall pass of the couple.” Jonas added. “It’s incredibly overwhelming to think about that and to think about the fact that that’s actually a conversation that’s been had, and then they meet the person. I don’t know if I want that pressure!”