Nick Cannon: Cops Stop Me “Once a Week Because I’m a Black Man in a Nice Car”
10:25 am, November 17th, 2011
Nick Cannon had a run-in with the LAPD early this morning, and tweeted that he gets “pulled over like once a week… because I’m a Black man in a nice car.”
The “America’s Got Talent” host’s latest encounter with the police went a lot smoother.
“For the 1st time ever… The Cop let me go! He was a black man!” wrote Cannon, adding, “‘Preciate it Brotha!”
He then explained his longstanding dislike for the police: “Growing up, I never liked Cops. Always felt they were bullies. I guess I shouldn’t stereotype… know right!”
Still, he briefly mentioned a run-in he had as a child. “At age 13 a Cop pulled me over on my bike with his gun drawn,” tweeted Cannon. “What the hell did he think I was going to do?!”
“Now in LA I get pulled over like once a week,” noted Cannon, who speculated, “Honestly, I think it’s because I’m a Black man in a nice car.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries