Nick Cannon: Cops Stop Me “Once a Week Because I’m a Black Man in a Nice Car”
10:25 am, November 17th, 2011
Nick Cannon had a run-in with the LAPD early this morning, and tweeted that he gets “pulled over like once a week… because I’m a Black man in a nice car.”
The “America’s Got Talent” host’s latest encounter with the police went a lot smoother.
“For the 1st time ever… The Cop let me go! He was a black man!” wrote Cannon, adding, “‘Preciate it Brotha!”
He then explained his longstanding dislike for the police: “Growing up, I never liked Cops. Always felt they were bullies. I guess I shouldn’t stereotype… know right!”
Still, he briefly mentioned a run-in he had as a child. “At age 13 a Cop pulled me over on my bike with his gun drawn,” tweeted Cannon. “What the hell did he think I was going to do?!”
“Now in LA I get pulled over like once a week,” noted Cannon, who speculated, “Honestly, I think it’s because I’m a Black man in a nice car.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents