Nick Cannon: Idol Execs Are ‘Perpetuating’ Mariah Carey-Nicki Minaj Feud (VIDEO)
5:33 pm, May 6th, 2013VIDEO
“She didn’t sign up for that,” Cannon said during an appearance on KTLA on Monday when asked about the controversies.
The “America’s Got Talent” host revealed Carey suspected there would be drama with Minaj, claiming “she tried to tell the network, like ‘I don’t think this is going to work. I’m afraid…’”
“She was like ‘I don’t need this. I’m doing this for the brand of American Idol,’ which she has been a fan of,” said Cannon. “‘This is going to turn into one of those reality shows.’ She’s like, ‘I didn’t sign up to be on Love & Hip Hop.’”
Cannon went on to accuse the “Idol” execs of “perpetuating” the drama, and maintained that his wife “has been taking the high road.”
“But it feels like even the producers and everybody else want to play into the sound bites,” lamented the star.
Asked whether Carey would sign on for another season, Cannon said, “I think if they get it stable, she might re-look at it, but she doesn’t want to be a part of anything that’s unstable.”
Check out the video below for Cannon’s full comments.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress