Nick Cannon: Idol Execs Are ‘Perpetuating’ Mariah Carey-Nicki Minaj Feud (VIDEO)
5:33 pm, May 6th, 2013VIDEO
“She didn’t sign up for that,” Cannon said during an appearance on KTLA on Monday when asked about the controversies.
The “America’s Got Talent” host revealed Carey suspected there would be drama with Minaj, claiming “she tried to tell the network, like ‘I don’t think this is going to work. I’m afraid…’”
“She was like ‘I don’t need this. I’m doing this for the brand of American Idol,’ which she has been a fan of,” said Cannon. “‘This is going to turn into one of those reality shows.’ She’s like, ‘I didn’t sign up to be on Love & Hip Hop.’”
Cannon went on to accuse the “Idol” execs of “perpetuating” the drama, and maintained that his wife “has been taking the high road.”
“But it feels like even the producers and everybody else want to play into the sound bites,” lamented the star.
Asked whether Carey would sign on for another season, Cannon said, “I think if they get it stable, she might re-look at it, but she doesn’t want to be a part of anything that’s unstable.”
Check out the video below for Cannon’s full comments.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet