REPORT: Twilight Could Continue After Breaking Dawn, Says Studio Chief
7:18 pm, January 13th, 2012
There’s a chance The Twilight Saga could continue after the fifth film opens in November.
The bombshell was reportedly dropped by Jon Feltheimer, the chief executive officer of Lionsgate Entertainment, which acquired Twilight studio Summit Entertainment for $412.5 million on Friday.
“I’m anticipating Breaking Dawn – Part 2 being $700 million-plus in worldwide box office,” said Feltheimer of the final (planned) installment in the hit vampire franchise.
According to the Los Angeles Times, when asked whether Lionsgate could envision more Twilight past next fall’s fifth film, Feltheimer left the door open.
“It’s hard for me to imagine a movie that does $700 million-plus doesn’t have ongoing value,” he said. “It’s an amazing franchise that they have done a great job of maintaining with absolutely no deterioration.”
He added, “So the simple answer is, ‘Boy, I hope so.’”
It’s not clear whether a potential continuation would involve future films or a television series.
Would you want to see post-Breaking Dawn projects for Twilight?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Paul Walker Did the Most Generous Thing Ever
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs