Russell Brand Takes the #1 and #2 Spots at the Box Office
10:40 am, April 10th, 2011BOX OFFICE
The animated Easter Bunny movie Hop and new release Arthur, both starring Russell Brand, finished #1 and #2 this weekend at the box office.
Hop bounced to the top spot for the second week in a row with $21.7 million in ticket sales, while Brand’s new release, Arthur, took in $12.6 million for second place.
Action thriller Hanna - not starring Russell Brand – came in third with $12.3 million.
The real-life inspirational tale Soul Surfer (featuring Carrie Underwood) and Insidious grabbed the fourth and fifth positions, with $11.1 million and $9.7 million, respectively.
Round out the Top Ten were the James Franco-Natalie Portman medieval stoner romp Your Highness ($9.5 million), Source Code ($9 million), Limitless ($5.7 million), Diary Of A Wimpy Kid 2 ($4.6 million), and The Lincoln Lawyer ($4.5 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?