10 Hottest New Couples Of 2016!
Love is not dead. Sure, one of the biggest celebrity couples of all time broke up in 2016, but a number of notable relationships also got their spark this year. And who knows? One of these duos just might become our next supercouple. Check out 10 of the hottest new couples below!
1. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle managed to pull off what was once thought to be impossible: They kept their royal romance under wraps. Word of the secret relationship only broke in October, even though they started seeing each other months prior. Naturally, once the news leaked, the rumor mill went into overdrive with engagement and pregnancy claims. While that’s just tabloid fantasy so far, the couple very well may have a fairytale ending in 2017.
2. Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry have known each other for years, but romance didn’t blossom until they reconnected at the Golden Globes in January. As they now approach their first anniversary, the couple can look back on a year that included a nude photo scandal of sorts. Bloom infamously went paddleboarding in the buff with Perry over the summer. More recently, they were falsely rumored to have split, but spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas together.
3. Liam Payne and Cheryl Cole first met in 2008 when the 14-year-old aspiring singer auditioned for “The X Factor UK,” for which she was a judge. Eight years and various run-ins later, the two became a couple, with Payne even getting a rose tattoo on his hand in a nod to the ink Cole has on her derriere. Now Payne and Cole are expecting their first child, with the songstress showing off her unmistakable baby bump on the red carpet last month.
4. Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna shocked their family and fans alike when they hooked up in January. The unexpected pairing led to an engagement, a baby, and countless fights. The highs and lows of the relationship have been chronicled on the E! reality series “Rob & Chyna,” which was recently renewed for a second season. Shortly after, and just weeks following the birth of their daughter Dream, the volatile couple briefly split.
5. Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus aren’t a new couple in the traditional sense, but they certainly added a new chapter to their romance this year. After rekindling their relationship over New Year’s, the former spouses-to-be are now on their way to becoming Mr. And Mrs. again. And while they were initially hesitant to confirm they were officially back together, Hemsworth and Cyrus showcased their joint Christmas celebrations on Instagram.
6. Mac Miller and Ariana Grande went from collaborators to lovers three years after their hit “The Way” helped kick off the singer’s career. The pair recorded another joint song, “My Favorite Part,” this year, after which they started mixing business with pleasure. The romance went public in August, weeks after it was confirmed Grande had split from backup dancer Ricky Alvarez. Not afraid to show PDA, the recently-released “My Favorite Part” video features plenty of steamy moments.
7. Tristan Thompson and Khloe Kardashian were first linked in September, going from casually hooking up to a full-on relationship. That’s included the reality star flying to Cleveland to cheer on the Cavaliers and the basketball player getting the seal of approval from momager Kris Jenner. The coupling follows Kardashian’s previous relationship with fellow NBA star James Harden, from whom she split in February. In December, Kardashian’s drawn-out divorce from former Lakers player Lamar Odom finally became official.
8. Leonardo DiCaprio and Nina Agdal initially downplayed their growing connection this spring, but by the end of the summer, their friendship had turned into a full-on relationship. Since then, they’ve taken a number of trips around the world together, and Agdal has even met the actor’s mom. Just days ago, however, sources denied a report claiming DiCpario was caught cheating on the model during a night out.
9. Darren Aronosky and Jennifer Lawrence apparently got along so well during the filming of Mother this summer that they decided to embark on a relationship. The director and actress have spotted out together several times this fall, though neither has publicly discussed the romance. The coupling follows their 2015 splits from Brandi-Ann Milbradt and Chris Martin, respectively.
10. French Montana and Iggy Azalea turned some lemons into lemonade. After Azalea was left heartbroken in June and July when it was revealed fiancé Nick Young had not only cheated on her but impregnated his ex-girlfriend, Montana was there to help her pick up the pieces. Some friendly comfort soon led to a rebound romance that, so far, has lasted through November. That month, Montana’s brother joked that he and Azalea might “soon be” related.
Of course, some of 2016’s new couples have already fizzled out. #Hiddleswift is no more, Chloe Grace Moretz and Brooklyn Beckham couldn’t make young love work, and Lea Michele’s time with Robert Buckley proved to be a short-lived fling. But you know what they say? There’s always next year!