NeNe Leakes Sued By Wedding Planner For $2.5 Million, Reality Star Hits Back
8:33 pm, July 26th, 2013
Tiffany Cook of Dream Design Weddings filed a lawsuit against the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star, claiming Leakes promised to pay her 15 percent of the wedding budget, but only forked over an $18,000 down payment and stiffed her the rest.
The wedding planner is asking for $2.5 million in damages, according to TMZ.
However, Leakes says Cook’s claims are b.s., and that she’s just using the star’s name to get publicity for her business.
The “New Normal” actress tweeted on Friday, “Girl go sit down somewhere! Stop using my name 2 try an bring ur broke down wedding business up!”
“What wedding planner get a million $ 2 plan a wedding! We n the wrong business! Please show me a contract I sign! Show me a check I wrote u,” ranted Leakes.
She added that she’s planning to countersue Cook for defamation.
A rep for Leakes tells Gossip Cop, “The wedding planner of note was Tony Conway, he rendered the services that
made NeNe’s wedding the spectacular, memorable affair that it was. Ms. Cook’s lawsuit has no merit and it appears to be a baseless attempt to grab fifteen minutes of fame after Ms. Cook and her company were terminated early in the planning process.”
Leakes remarried her ex-husband Gregg in a lavish ceremony in June, and the wedding set to air on Bravo in the fall.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own