NeNe Leakes Sued By Wedding Planner For $2.5 Million, Reality Star Hits Back
8:33 pm, July 26th, 2013
Tiffany Cook of Dream Design Weddings filed a lawsuit against the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star, claiming Leakes promised to pay her 15 percent of the wedding budget, but only forked over an $18,000 down payment and stiffed her the rest.
The wedding planner is asking for $2.5 million in damages, according to TMZ.
However, Leakes says Cook’s claims are b.s., and that she’s just using the star’s name to get publicity for her business.
The “New Normal” actress tweeted on Friday, “Girl go sit down somewhere! Stop using my name 2 try an bring ur broke down wedding business up!”
“What wedding planner get a million $ 2 plan a wedding! We n the wrong business! Please show me a contract I sign! Show me a check I wrote u,” ranted Leakes.
She added that she’s planning to countersue Cook for defamation.
A rep for Leakes tells Gossip Cop, “The wedding planner of note was Tony Conway, he rendered the services that
made NeNe’s wedding the spectacular, memorable affair that it was. Ms. Cook’s lawsuit has no merit and it appears to be a baseless attempt to grab fifteen minutes of fame after Ms. Cook and her company were terminated early in the planning process.”
Leakes remarried her ex-husband Gregg in a lavish ceremony in June, and the wedding set to air on Bravo in the fall.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents