Nelson Mandela Released From Hospital; NOT Dead Despite Internet Rumor
9:47 am, September 1st, 2013
Nelson Mandela was released from the hospital after three months of treatment on Sunday — contrary to a widespread Internet rumor that claimed he was dead.
The ailing 95-year-old former President of South Africa is still in critical condition, but doctors believe he will be able to receive sufficient intensive care at his own residence.
Mandela was hospitalized with a lung infection back in June.
Early Sunday, a false rumor alleging that former U.S. President George H.W. Bush had supposedly confirmed Mandela’s death circulated on Twitter.
It is not the first time a death hoax has spread about Mandela.
But while Mandela remains in poor health, he is very much alive — and home for the first time in 12 weeks.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?