Nelson Mandela Released From Hospital; NOT Dead Despite Internet Rumor
9:47 am, September 1st, 2013
Nelson Mandela was released from the hospital after three months of treatment on Sunday — contrary to a widespread Internet rumor that claimed he was dead.
The ailing 95-year-old former President of South Africa is still in critical condition, but doctors believe he will be able to receive sufficient intensive care at his own residence.
Mandela was hospitalized with a lung infection back in June.
Early Sunday, a false rumor alleging that former U.S. President George H.W. Bush had supposedly confirmed Mandela’s death circulated on Twitter.
It is not the first time a death hoax has spread about Mandela.
But while Mandela remains in poor health, he is very much alive — and home for the first time in 12 weeks.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress