NBC Skips 9/11 Moment of Silence to Air Kris Jenner Interview on Today Show
2:03 pm, September 11th, 2012VIDEO
In a controversial move, NBC decided to skip a moment of silence for the September 11 terrorist attacks on Tuesday morning in favor of airing an interview with Kris Jenner on the “Today Show.”
At 8:46 a.m. (the time when the first plane struck the World Trade Center eleven years ago), cable news outlets — along with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” — cut to the solemn moment, led by President Obama and the First Lady at the White House, and by New York City police and fire personnel near Ground Zero in Lower Manhattan.
But as seen in the clip below, Savannah Guthrie’s conversation with Jenner, about her breast implants and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” began at 8:45 a.m. and ran uninterrupted.
WNBC, New York’s affiliate, aired the moment of silence, but national “Today Show” viewers got Jenner instead.
In response to criticism, a NBC News rep said in a statement, “The ‘Today’ show dedicated a considerable amount of time to September 11th coverage this morning throughout the entire show.”
What do you think about NBC’s decision?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court