NBC Skips 9/11 Moment of Silence to Air Kris Jenner Interview on Today Show
2:03 pm, September 11th, 2012VIDEO
In a controversial move, NBC decided to skip a moment of silence for the September 11 terrorist attacks on Tuesday morning in favor of airing an interview with Kris Jenner on the “Today Show.”
At 8:46 a.m. (the time when the first plane struck the World Trade Center eleven years ago), cable news outlets — along with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” — cut to the solemn moment, led by President Obama and the First Lady at the White House, and by New York City police and fire personnel near Ground Zero in Lower Manhattan.
But as seen in the clip below, Savannah Guthrie’s conversation with Jenner, about her breast implants and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” began at 8:45 a.m. and ran uninterrupted.
WNBC, New York’s affiliate, aired the moment of silence, but national “Today Show” viewers got Jenner instead.
In response to criticism, a NBC News rep said in a statement, “The ‘Today’ show dedicated a considerable amount of time to September 11th coverage this morning throughout the entire show.”
What do you think about NBC’s decision?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Russell Westbrook Is One Toned NBA Baller
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Katherine Heigl's "Lil' Ladies"
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- Is Ariana Grande's Stiletto Heel Look Too Sexy?
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Elegant In Black
- What's the Trashiest Celeb Feud?