Natina Reed of Blaque Killed in Accident
5:34 pm, October 27th, 2012
Natina Reed of the 1990s R&B girl group Blaque was killed after being hit by a car late Friday near Atlanta.
The 32-year-old performer, who also appeared in the film Bring It On, was on foot when she was struck by the vehicle shortly before 11:00 p.m.
She was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Officials are investigating the matter, but no charges have been filed against the driver who hit Reed.
Reed, along with bandmates Brandi Williams and Shamari Fears, formed Blaque in the late 1990s, scoring hits like “808″ and “Bring It All To Me.”
Their debut album went platinum.
In an eerie coincidence, Reed’s mentor, Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes of TLC, died in a car crash in 2002.
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday.
She is survived by her 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, from a relationship with rapper Kurupt.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down To A String Bikini
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- Rihanna Keeps It Casual Courtside
- Advice Us Parents Wish We Could Give These Celebs