Nathan Sykes of The Wanted Having Throat Surgery, Taking “Hiatus” From Band
10:13 am, April 17th, 2013
Nathan Sykes of The Wanted will undergo throat surgery on Wednesday, the band announced in a statement.
While the singer’s exact ailment wasn’t revealed, it’s known that the operation will cause him to miss some of the band’s upcoming appearances.
“We can confirm that The Wanted‘s Nathan Sykes will undergo specialist throat surgery on Thursday 18th April in Los Angeles and as such will be taking unforeseen hiatus form The Wanted,” say reps for the group.
The statement adds, “ The priority for Nathan, his label and management is that he is given time to recover and receive the best treatment possible. The remaining four members of The Wanted will continue fulfilling the bands promotional commitments across the world.”
On Facebook on Wednesday, Sykes’ band mates wrote, “Our lil Nath has to go in for an operation on his throat, on his birthday to make him better. So please join us in wishing our brother and our friend well. Get well soon Nath, we love ya!”
The announcement follows vague messages from Sykes on Twitter, where he wrote “Gutted …,” and then, hours later, “Can’t sleep. So much on my mind.”
Shortly afterward when a friend noted on Twitter that Sykes was “rushing in to have surgery on his vocal chords,” the boy bander responded, “Gonna try and stay positive as much as I can :)”
The boy band’s new reality series, “The Wanted Life,” premieres Sunday, June 2 on E!
Will you be watching?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"