Former Nancy Grace Publicist to Seek ‘Justice’ in Potential Suit Against Host
4:59 pm, January 25th, 2011EXCLUSIVE
A former colleague of Nancy Grace is looking for some “swift justice” in a possible lawsuit against the TV host, say sources.
Gossip Cop has learned exclusively that Patty Caruso, who was Grace’s publicist at Court TV and continued to represent her long after the two women left the network, is readying a $5 million lawsuit against the on-air personality.
We’re told Caruso claims she helped create the concept for “Swift Justice” and even set up pitch meetings with various networks and studios to sell the show – originally called “Grace’s Cases” – but once the program was sold to CBS Television Distribution, Caruso was allegedly cut out.
“Patty was supposed to be the executive producer,” explains an insider, “but CBS felt she had no qualifications [for that position] and told Nancy if she wanted Caruso, ‘You pay her.’”
Grace “didn’t want to pay the fee out of her own pocket,” says the source, and that’s when she “stopped returning [Caruso's] calls.”
We’re told, at one point, CBS was willing to settle but offered Caruso what was termed, “a stupid title, a stupid fee.”
Now Caruso is preparing to file her lawsuit, say sources, and she’s asking for $5 million – $1 million per year, based on the belief that shows like Grace’s generally have a five-year run.
Gossip Cop is told Caruso’s claims are backed up by “a significant paper trail.”
A rep for “Swift Justice” says she’s “never heard” of Caruso, but was looking into the allegations.
Caruso did not return Gossip Cop‘s repeated calls.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank