Richard Belzer Leaving Law & Order: SVU as John Munch Character Retires
10:34 am, October 10th, 2013
Richard Belzer is leaving “Law & Order: SVU.”
The actor, who has played cop John Munch on the show since it began in 1999, originated the role for “Homicide: Life on the Street” in 1993.
On Wednesday’s episode of “SVU,” it was revealed that Munch had filed his retirement papers.
The October 16 broadcast will feature a goodbye to the character at his retirement party.
It’s expected that Belzer could return occasionally in a guest star capacity.
The character was featured in hundreds of “Homicide” and “SVU” episodes, also popping up on shows like “The X Files,” “The Beat,” “The Wire,” and the original “Law & Order.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails