Richard Belzer Leaving Law & Order: SVU as John Munch Character Retires
10:34 am, October 10th, 2013
Richard Belzer is leaving “Law & Order: SVU.”
The actor, who has played cop John Munch on the show since it began in 1999, originated the role for “Homicide: Life on the Street” in 1993.
On Wednesday’s episode of “SVU,” it was revealed that Munch had filed his retirement papers.
The October 16 broadcast will feature a goodbye to the character at his retirement party.
It’s expected that Belzer could return occasionally in a guest star capacity.
The character was featured in hundreds of “Homicide” and “SVU” episodes, also popping up on shows like “The X Files,” “The Beat,” “The Wire,” and the original “Law & Order.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014