Richard Belzer Leaving Law & Order: SVU as John Munch Character Retires
10:34 am, October 10th, 2013
Richard Belzer is leaving “Law & Order: SVU.”
The actor, who has played cop John Munch on the show since it began in 1999, originated the role for “Homicide: Life on the Street” in 1993.
On Wednesday’s episode of “SVU,” it was revealed that Munch had filed his retirement papers.
The October 16 broadcast will feature a goodbye to the character at his retirement party.
It’s expected that Belzer could return occasionally in a guest star capacity.
The character was featured in hundreds of “Homicide” and “SVU” episodes, also popping up on shows like “The X Files,” “The Beat,” “The Wire,” and the original “Law & Order.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Did Eminem Watch Daughter Get Crowned Homecoming Queen?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Aaron Carter Is Broke As A Joke
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!