Mumford & Sons Pull Out of Bonnaroo as Ted Dwane Recovers From Brain Surgery
8:41 pm, June 13th, 2013
Mumford & Sons have been forced to pull out of Saturday’s Bonnaroo as Ted Dwane recovers from brain surgery.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the musician was rushed to the hospital on Monday, where doctors discovered a blood clot on his brain.
The band, noting that Dwane would require surgery, had canceled some upcoming appearances, but still hoped to make it to the highly-anticipated Tennessee music festival.
But while the surgery went well, and Dwane has been discharged, the group announced on Thursday that they have canceled a few more appearances, including the fest.
Check out their full statement below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
MUMFORD & SONS STATEMENT
It is with great joy that we can announce that Ted has been discharged from hospital and is on the road to a full recovery. The surgery went well, and the excellent medical team helping him are very pleased with his progress. He has been nothing short of heroic in how he has handled the whole ordeal, and now it has been medically proved that he does indeed h…ave a brain.
Today, however, also marks the end of our Summer Stampede Tour. We were hoping to have made it out by Bonnaroo this weekend. But it is with sadness that we have to announce the cancellation of our scheduled performances at both Bonnaroo and Telluride Festivals, and our show at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in Bonner Springs, KS. If we could’ve we would’ve, you know that about us. We trust that you can respect our collective desire to encourage Ted to make a full recovery, and that this is based purely on the medical advice we have received.
On behalf of Ted, and all of us really, we would like to thank every one for their compassion and support at this time and we are very excited to get back out on tour as soon as we can.
Ted, Ben, Marcus and Win
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired