“The Help” Wins Weakened Box Office Due to Hurricane Irene
1:10 pm, August 28th, 2011BOX OFFICE
Hurricane Irene has taken its toll on Atlantic Seaboard and this weekend’s box office, resulting in possibly the worst weekend of 2011 at the movies.
Still, The Help led the pack with $14.3 million in ticket sales.
Zoe Saldana‘s revenge-action flick Colombiana came in second with $10.3 million.
Nabbing third with $8.7 million was the Katie Holmes horror movie Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the controversially marketed Our Idiot Brother took fourth and fifth places with $8.6 million and $6.6 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Spy Kids 4D ($5.8 million), The Smurfs ($4.7 million), Conan The Barbarian ($3.1 million), Fright Night ($3 million), and Crazy, Stupid, Love ($2.9 million).
We hope everyone in Irene’s path is safe and sound.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries