More Robert Pattinson Casting Catastrophes
2:03 pm, December 12th, 2009
The latest rumor claims “Pattinson wants to play X-Men Villain” Magneto.
According to the British OK!, Pattinson “now wants to jump from vampires to characters with superpowers” and “revealed his desire to play the mutant [Magneto] who is able to control and generate magnetic fields and is an arch-enemy of the X-Men.”
What you should know, however, is that Pattinson didn’t say he had interest in playing Magneto. He was simply responding to a leading question from an interviewer about whether he had “thought about playing a superhero sometime in the future?”
The tab reports that Pattinson said, “Well, yeah, I think everyone wonders about that sometimes. My little cousin tells me I look like Magneto, so I guess that’s who I should probably play.”
But since his kid cousin isn’t a casting director and Pattinson hasn’t really expressed an interest in playing Magneto — nor can a single person we’ve reach out to confirm it — Gossip Cop is going to put a big X across this story and add it to the “Pattinson False Rumor Role” file.
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted