Monty Python to Reunite for Stage Show
10:41 am, November 19th, 2013
Monty Python will reunite for a stage show, members Terry Jones and Eric Idle have confirmed.
The legendary comedy group is set to announce the news at a press conference in London on Thursday.
“We’re getting together and putting on a show — it’s real,” Jones told the BBC. “I’m quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!”
Surviving members John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin, Idle and Jones have not all performed together in 30 years, despite rumored projects and false starts in that period.
The troupe’s sixth member, Graham Chapman, died in 1989.
On Monday, Idle tweeted, “Only three days to go till the Python press conference. Make sure Python fans are alerted to the big forthcoming news event.”
The enormously influential group first shot to worldwide fame with the TV series “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” before expanding into movies like Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Life of Brian.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet